greetings fellas. there's nothing better than fishing with a buddie and landing a monster bucketmouth. if u share my passion u know my adiction! i live in westerly ri. and fish every sunday with my brother, all day, at a new location every week. we fish with kayaks in rivers and 16' lund in ponds and lakes. when freshwater season becomes stagnant we switch to saltwater strippers, but thats another discussion.
we catch most of our lunkers on soft plastics on shoreline as it is verry weedy where we fish most of the time. spinner baits are second most productive (weeds again)
if u fish in shalow weedy ponds/lakes 4 largemouth in southern ri/ct. lets get some discussion going.\
most of what i read in articles does not apply to the type of fishing we do around here.
i am eager to share techniques and stragities with fellow manics.
FISH ON,
NILE STOMP

Posted Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Agreed on all points. Nothing better than pulling in a pig with fins. At the same time a lot of the tips and tricks you hear and read about dont really help in most of the ponds in RI. With all the invasive plant life its hard to get into the techniques you hear about. Long lining a deep diving crank bait in most RI ponds and rivers will get you a whole bunch of slime and weeds. I too fish a ton of soft plastics, and a lot of them weightless. I particularly love the Zoom Flukes and fish them a bunch of different ways. Had a good day today with it double rigged and weightless.

Some of my favorites. Spinner baits / buzz baits, topwater plugs (love the Spit N Image), topwater frogs, jigs, etc.

Posted Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:42 pm

well said my friend, weeds and lack of normal forrage, make freshwater fishermen from our area the best in the word! imho. think about that for a second. conditions r different for every general location. someone from texas or florida would get skunked at my favorite spots. i could be wrong.. but i have great results compared to most fisherman in my area... and more important what works in our area is what maters. that is why we must share tatics.
some days i don"t get any keepers. because i couldn't find what they wanted... translation... the bigger the menu the better the clientel.
i need more info on, zoom flukes, double rigges, and how and when u throw them weightless.
also i throw jigs faithfuly when water is cold or in deep rocky water and have had limited sucess.
please post some imput if u can...
remember a subscribsion to a bass magizine is a waste of money unless u live in the south.
do your part lets all catch lunkers!
FISH ON
NILE STOMP

Posted Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:20 pm

and of course i will entertain any questions pertaning to my stratigies with different conditions/lueres,etc..
btw sorry about spelling im reelly bad.

Posted Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Worked on the Block for a bit this summer and killed in the fresh ponds with frog hard to get clear spots to fish from but worth it!!

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:42 pm

RI Fish Finder

Social Links