any kayak fishermen out there?

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Right here guido40. I've got a Old Town Loon 138 rigged for fishing with 2 rod holders behind the coclpit and an anchor trolley that'll position the anchor fore or aft. What are you bobin around in/on? I see you live in Swansea. I lived in Somerset for awhile during the 70's right near the boat ramp in the village north end.
Moved to RI now I live on the banks of the Wood River. Great kayaking here with plenty of trout. Also hit the salt water for stripers on the Pawcatuck in Westerly, Narrow river in Narrag. and other places when their running. You must hit the Brayton point plant and that warm water there.

Posted Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:19 pm

hey Yaker,
I've been kayaking a few years now and mostly for fishing. Usually Jamestown for fluke and Prov. river for stripers. Like to hear more about that Brayton Point warm water area. I'm fishing from a Hobie. Been doing the Narrow River mostly summers for a nice beach day but no fishing yet. Need to learn more about that scene also. Joined this site today.
cheers,
Sam

Posted Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:32 pm

Welcome sam828! There's lots of info on this site, it is kinda quite though. I've never fished at the Brayton Point plant but I've been told the warm water from the cooling discharge brings the fish around there. I fish Narrow river a lot also great beach day if the fishing's slow. I was there last Monday AM nice day caught 2 schoolies using a popper and got out just as the wind started to pick up. I like to go between the mouth of the river and middle bridge. High Tide is a good time to paddle around in the pond back there. Stripers sit on the bottom there. I'm going to the Pawcatuk river in Westerly Sunday evening. The tide and sunset and moon rise all happen within hours of each other. Maybe all that'll confuse the fish enough to bite at the plastics,rubber and such I throw out there, who knows? Smile I know if I keep going I'll hit it just right one of these trips!

Posted Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:50 am

Hey, just up from florida back in RI after 15 years, love kayak fishing.
Fresh and salt. Cant wait to get into the stripers! Love the Chipowinoxet Pt. area! Caught a few bass and trout in Arcadia last saturday, very breezy but great to get back out there!

Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 pm

i plane on getting a canoe in beach pond very soon Smile

Posted Fri May 07, 2010 11:41 am

any kayakers here in 2010...looking to make some new kayaking buddies

Posted Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Is there anybody out there? This site looks unused...

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Is there anybody out there? This site looks unused...

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:07 pm

RI Fish Finder

Social Links