I used to have a boat,till i moved to las vegas and sold it but came back to RI 3 years ago and got back into bass fishing.
My question to you all is,what ponds or lakes have the best places to shore fish?
I dont like to guess if their is enough places to shore fish and waste my time driving to a dead end...lol

Thanks for any info you may have...

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:34 am

I have had a good amount of success from the shore, but a lot of it was from a long time ago. The key to fishing in RI is finding a place that hasnt been so over fished. There are a few spots on stump pond not too far from the concrete wall that arent too bad. Just on the south side of the damn there is a path that takes you to a rock bank. Not bad fishing. I usually park on the other side of the street where the nature path is and walk across. Caught a few 3-4 pounders in that area. Here is the map. If you have a GPS you can use Box Seats as a reference. That address is 332 Farnum Pike Smithfield, RI.

http://binged.it/MPtYwW

Had good success on weightless fluke and topwater there.

Bring bug spray as during the summer that area will grow in a bit and there are ticks.

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:06 pm

I know the place,never caught anything big.
Mostly small,used to try and find the stumps its know for but with no luck..lol..
Stump pond in coventry has tons of stumps and is easy to find,just wish i still had a boat.....
breakheart pond seems to hold good size bass,caught a 5lb bass 2 weeks ago along with some smaller keepers...
Ive been to carbuncle pond but that place is not the same for bass as it was in the 90,s

Ill try the spot your talking about,never fished from shore their but love something different for a change...

Thanks for your input...brazzy

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:03 am

No problem. If you go please post how it turned out. I never caught anything too big there but it is loaded with 1-2 lb bass. I used to go to that spot all the time and always caught a few, but was always looking for the big one since that pond has more stories than Walt Disney.

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:25 pm

fyffenice, what part of the state you fishing?

Posted Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:13 am

petrgill,

no special spots,mostly up north or west in the state..
seems to be better out that way for size,from shore that is..

next year ill have my boat if all goes well...

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:03 am

RI Fish Finder

Social Links