I love catching these guys. i hear alot of talk about jazzy bite indicators but screw them, you know it when a carp takes your bait and bolts 30yds in the other direction! all i use is a simple sliding egg sinker, swivel, and snelled hook. some cheap dough bait never fails, but ive used corn(shhh), wheaties, all sorts of things. any tips?

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:21 pm

Carpman would you be willing to take me carp fishing? I'll spring for the bait, drinks, lunch, and anything else we need (within reason) How about it?

Posted Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:38 am

I don't know if Carpman would be willing to go with ya Yaker, but I know I'd be willing to go with ya if you'd be willing to come to NH to Carp fish up here! Go Fish

Posted Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Where bouts in NH? My son-in-law has a place up there off Rt93 exit 26 I think where I could stay overnight. Kinda long for a day trip. Also I've got a sister-in-law who would put me up for the night in Grafton. Maybe we can work something.

Posted Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:48 am

Well carpman I love em, but I won't try to get everyone too..if I can just get them to stop treating them like trash fish I'll be happy Wink

I fish exclusively for carp now and have the past few years, I live in Ma but I fish the Blackstone in both states as the National Park service gets me a RI license since I volunteer and do events on the bikepath such as our Ride and Fish event this past May.

Seeing as I fish and teach carp fishing I tend to have a lot of the bells and whistle like bite alarms and such. I will say the alarms aren't always to pick up a screaming run, but sometimes a subtle drop back or a small nudge that can easily be missed otherwise. The main reason I got them though is because I tend to be talking to all sorts of people when I am fishing and am not always paying attention to my lines. The alarms are excellent for me and what I do for these reasons.

Mostly I tell newer people to carp fishing, keep it simple. Follow the local rules and have fun. BTW carpman corn is legal, except in designated trout waters, the list is on the RI DEM site.

Anyway, Yak if your still looking to go sometime, I currently have an active Ma license and RI license so hit me up and maybe we can do something.

This is a nice one from this year, in Lincoln RI

Posted Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:37 am

anyone who has a boat can hit me up in the midst of summer and i can give them the fresh water fight of their lives

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:55 am

RI Fish Finder

Social Links