Leaving Friday for my annual out of state largemough trip. This place in upstate NY is the great! Been going there must be 10 years now. We catch 2-3 lbs largemouth all day long. I generally don't fish on the way to a campsite, as there are so many fish there, that one might not get to the campsite until well after dark!
We use only artificial bait, some years rubber worms work other years spinners seem to be the trick. Once you find the right plug your reelin in the fish! I've worn out cheap reels and broken cheap poles there. I bought quailty tackle to use when I go there. Haven't worn out a Pfuleger reel or broken an Ugly stick pole yet!
I'll be returning late monday early tues. I'll be sure to post pics of the trip. the weather is looking good, it may even warm up some.
I don't remember it ever being this cold at this time of year, I'm wondering how it will affect the fishing up there.

Posted Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:14 am

Well this years trip produced only small bass. The biggest fish was about 3lbs. I probably caught 200 largemouths in 2 days. I was concerned about the affect the weather would have on the fish. Seems they spawned late this year. So I'm doing the only thing I can do, I'm going back in 2 weeks!

Posted Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:20 pm

RI Fish Finder

Social Links