I just added this new forum so that members can introduce themselves and out of state visitors can ask a quick question about Rhode Island fishing and get a rapid response. This should help generate more conversation on the site. If you want any new forums added, please let me know. Very Happy

Thanks,

Dave O

Posted Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:46 am

Cool ...Hi All, I just joined recently and I found this place while looking for directions to the many of fishing areas that I had seen on the long list in one of those books(this site has a fantastic mapping system!).. I am 43 yrs young but I am basically still a rookie when it comes to fishing..the only experience I have is catching skipjacks when I was a teen..(which was lotsa fun!) So I will be soaking up all the tips and info that I can from you Pro's!...

My friend and I run alot of fantasy sport leagues and believe or not FISHING is one of them! If anyone is interested in joining I will send you the link and info..or I will post it in here soon..it is has already started but you can jump in at anytime..You pick 6 or 7 Anglers for each tournament which is usually shown on ESPN-2..it is BASS fishing and if you are familiar at all you might know some names like Van-Damn(no not the movie guy) Iaconnelli and Kennedy are just a few of them..hope to have some of you guys join & then other lg's too like FB..BB..NHL..Nascar..etc.. when they start All free All fun! Very Happy ...Joe D

Posted Sun May 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Hi all just joined today. Been fishing RI for awhile. Fresh or salt if it has fins and gills I'll try to catch it. Do most of my fishing from a kayak. Nothing quite like get pulled around by a big stripper! I'm waiting for the bite to start in the rivers. Just bought a Heavy action ugly stick and Pflueger XT President to put on it. I'm ready! Very Happy

Posted Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi there all, been using the site for a while and finally figured I'd post here. Live near Goddard Park area. Love the freshwater fishing though do some surfcasting too. Ice fishing is tailgating on ice for me and my friends. Like to go out for bass and pike with the occasional trout, perch and crappie thrown in for fun.

Posted Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:50 am

How's it going everyone, i just wanted to introduce myself, im a 24 year old male and have been angling for about 5 years now, was unable to get into fishing as a kid so i have been making up for it now, and boy i'll tell ya... every year it just gets better and better and i like it more and more.. i have done what i can to help contribute to this site, i love what you guys are doing here and plan on sticking around for as long as i can still fish Smile

hoping to make a few fishermen buddies.. as well as to pick up a few tricks of the trade and find some hot spots.

Posted Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:14 pm

RI Fish Finder

Social Links